Racking Inspections & Audits – The Benefit of MBHS
Independant Inspections & Training by SEMA Accredited Racking Inspectors ( SARI )
- Nationwide Coverage
We offer convenience and continuity of standards for multiple sites, offering you eace of mind that your obligations are met throughout your organisation.
- Very competitive prices
The competitive prices we offer could provide your company with significant cost savings.
- Health and Safety and PUWER Compliance
Racking inspections from MBHS will ensure that you comply with Health & Safety and PUWER regulations giving you the benefit of peace of mind; a reduction of accidents and a potential reduction of insurance premiums.
- SEMA Approved Safety Audits
Our safety audits are carried out by S.E.M.A. accredited inspectors in accordance with the S.E.M.A. Code of Practice. The benefits to you are peace of mind, recognition by customers and a demonstration of competence.
- Inspections Independent from Racking Manufacturer
By having your racking inspections carried out by the manufacturer of your racking system, there is a risk of a conflict of interest. By using the services of an independent specialist company such as MBHS you are offered impartial guidance and are ensured that there is no conflict of interest.
- Personal Service & Advice
The quality of our service and advice will help you to make efficiency savings, leading to lower costs.
- Extensive Experience
Our inspectors all have experience in many types of racking and shelving systems large and small.
Racking Inspection – Legal Requirements
Pallet racking is classed as “work equipment” and is therefore subject to regular inspection under current Health and Safety Legislation.
It is the employer’s duty to provide a safe environment according to the following statutory regulations:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 Section 2
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 5 and 6 1998
- Health and Safety in Retail and Wholesale Warehouses HS(G)76
Racking Inspection Awareness Training Course
Who is this course for?
Anyone involved in the inspection and use of racking equipment, especially supervisors and managers.
Subjects Covered by this Course
- Inspections for damage
- Inspection documentation
- Load Notices
- Load and Aisle clearances
Equipment you will require
- Training room
- Access to the racking installation will be required
Part 1 - Introduction
- Introduction to the trainer
- Reasons for the course
- Equipment covered
Part 2 - Legislation
- Regulations covering rack inspections
- Accidents in the warehouse
Part 3 - Rack Inspection
- Identification of damaged & dangerous racking
- Inspection records
- Practical exercise in the warehouse
Part 4 - Operating Within the Racking
- Load notices
- Alterations to the installation
- Types & quality of pallets
- Aisle widths & pallet clearances
- Rack protection