Schools Health & Safety
Keeping Your School Safe
McCormack Benson Health & Safety has a proven track record of working alongside head teachers and governers of primary schools. We can deliver a compliance support package to meet your requirements and above all, ensure your school remains a safe and healthy environment.
Our Compliance Package Offer:
- Your own advisor allocated for co-ordinating and communicating the management system. They will regularly make monitoring visits to the school.
- A visit to review current paperwork including fire risk assessment, asbestos management, etc.
- A H&S policy containing your schools' specific arrangements and organisation.
- Develop activities assessments for education staff and premises risk assessment.
- Provide Ofsted approved classroom assessments.
- Email and telephone support from your dedicated safety practitioner.
- Templates for staff to utilise. DSE assessments, expectant mothers' assessments, playground inspection, etc.
- Control of contractors procedure support.
This offer is for a full compliance package but If you’re not sure what you need, let MBHS carry out a gap compliance audit of your primary school in the first instance.
See what other head teachers and governors are saying about us
Helen Davies, Headteacher of Lickhill Primary School, Worcestershire."We employed the services of MBHS upon conversion to academy in February 2012. During this time we have undertaken 2 major capital build projects where MBHS’s support and professional expertise has been invaluable. MBHS regularly audits and reviews our health and safety procedures, giving advice and support where appropriate, freeing myself and other members of the SLT to focus on the education of the children. Their reports are thorough and meaningful and have helped support us through difficult periods of building work. They are approachable and knowledgeable and their advice is invaluable to the smooth running of our school."
Mrs Nicola McIntyre, Head of Grove Junior School, Stoke-on-Trent"MBHS offer a fantastic service that I would highly recommend.I feel that a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders with regard to all aspects of health and safety. They produce comprehensive reports that are of a very high standard, that inform Governing Bodies and OFSTED Inspectors of my school’s health and safety practice."
Jeffrey Graham, Governor of Naima JPS, London“MBHS (McCormack Benson Health and Safety) are Health and Safety advisers to a Naima JPS, a preparatory school in North West London. They were selected because they offer a “one-stop” service—advising on every aspect of Health and Safety, drafting all the required documents, notices, risk assessments, audits and action plans, and—if required—organising and chairing important meetings.In special situations, for example major building works, additional agreements can be made to cover any extra needs. All this makes the work of the school, and of the governors, much simpler and less stressful.Those who work at MBHS are professional, knowledgeable and highly approachable. They answer telephone calls promptly, which is a key factor when problems arise.Naima JP School has been using the Health and Safety service provided by MBHS since 2011, and has no hesitation in recommending the service to other schools.”