CHAS – Required Documentation
Here is a list of the evidence CHAS will require for vetting your application. Please note that evidence will mean showing that health and safety (H&S) systems are being used correctly over a period of time. Therefore, if you have little in place presently you will not be able to make an application for at least three months.
Each area is broken down and a brief explanation of what MBHS will do for you assuming the following:
- You have no H&S documents
- Your documents are out of date
- Your H&S documents are not suitable and sufficient
Please remember out price range is £500 – £1,950 depending on the available documentation. There may be additional charges for accident books, posters, training, etc. and is explicitly stated in the table below
Area Where Evidence Must Be Documented
General Policy documents:
- Policy Statement, Organisation arrangement with Duties, roles and responsibilities
- Arrangements and Procedures
- Evidence required of being issued and displayed to employees
MBHS will draft your policy. This is covered by the quote (CBQ)
- Induction training process, Sample forms, list of starters and signature to demonstrate training has been received
- Training matrix highlighting, personnel skills training with certificates, include technical and health and safety
- Tool box talk procedure and copies of last sessions with register including date, signatures, etc
- Training of managers and supervisors, showing the level of training in line with their responsibility
- Details of who identifies training needs and how often training is reviewed
MBHS will provide systems, templates and action plan. We will provide samples of tool box talks and training matrices. CBQAdditional training costs may be involved.
Who is your H&S Competent Person?
This is NOT covered by the quote, your options will be explained to you.
Monitoring and Review:
- Details of how often is health and safety systems reviewed
- Provide copies of recent safety audits/inspections, include action plans and those that have been completed
MBHS will provide inspection/audit checklists.CBQIf you prefer us to conduct independent inspections/audits the charge is £250 + expenses* per inspection/audit
- Provide details\ minutes of safety meetings or evidence of how health and safety issues are communicated to employees (could include memos, bulletins, pamphlets, etc.)
MBHS will provide advice on how to do this. CBQ
- Accident statistics from the last three years, evidence with copies of accident book, employee details can be blanked out
- Accident reporting procedure and how has it be communicated to employees, possible handbook or induction training)
- Who is responsible for reporting RIDDOR accidents and what training have they had
MBHS will put in place. CBQ
- Risk assessment process, who carries out risk assessments and the persons training.
- Evidence of recent risk assessments covering specific regulations i.e. Manual Handling, COSHH, Working at height, etc.
MBHS will provide general risk assessments. CBQOccasionally, detailed risk assessments may have to be charged for dependent upon the nature of your work.
- Evidence of procedure in place, induction procedure pre employment questionnaire, skin checks dermatitis, Hand arm vibration, working with asbestos, etc
MBHS will put procedures in place. CBQ
- Details of employees training, specific risk assessments, copies of instructions given to employees
MBHS will conduct risk assessments and copies of instruction. CBQTraining is an additional cost dependent on requirements.
- Regular inspection checklist required, showing actions and when completed
MBHS will provide inspection/audit checklists. CBQIf you prefer us to conduct independent inspections/audits the charge is £250 + expenses* per inspection/audit
- Details of what training has been provided to employees and safe system of how it is dealt with
MBHS will provide the SSOW. CBQTraining is an additional cost dependent on requirements.
First Aid Details of first aiders, full or appointed enclose certificates Details of first aid kit check list and regular inspections?
MBHS will provide checklists. CBQTraining is an additional cost dependent on requirements.
Contractors If contractors are used, details of approval system (questionnaires) and samples of completed questionnaire, insurance documents, policies, etc.
MBHS will put in place. CBQ
Electrical SafetyFixed installation certificates
Pat testing records
MBHS cannot do this for you.Has to be performed by an approved electrical contractor if required.
Works Equipment Person who is responsible for maintenance and training of equipment, enclose evidence of training and copies of inspection and maintenance system Enclose copies of certificates for personnel using equipment to demonstrate competency
MBHS will provide administration system; advice on competence levels and on how to keep records up to date. CBQMaintenance engineers and specific equipment training may be required dependent upon equipment used
Display Screen Equipment Supplied completed DSE assessments Confirm arrangements for supplying eye tests and glasses
MBHS will conduct up to 3 DSE assessments CBQ.Each additional assessments £19.50
Fire and Emergency Procedure Evidence of procedure, communicated to employees (Induction Form) Copy of Fire log book
Copy of fire risk assessment
Maintenance of extinguishers, alarms, emergency lighting etc, copies of tests and certificates
Records of training and fire drills
MBHS will provide log book, checklists and a basic Fire risk assessment. CBQLarge premises will require a comprehensive fire risk assessment which MBHS will quote for.Maintenance of fire equipment will be charged by contractors of your choice.
Protective Equipment Copy of register or log showing equipment issued, signed and dated by employees
MBHS will provide the registers and how to use. Evidence takes time to build up.
* Expenses are 70p per mile and each hour over 60 minutes driving to site is charged at ££75.00
All prices are subject to VAT